Our goal is to instill in the children we have the opportunity to meet
safety lessons that could save their life, as well as those lives around them.
We do this by presenting these lessons in a creative way.
These principles are outlined in the Mission Statement of LAFS
Here is GRUMPY the clown Here is BOOSTER the clown
and the ROOKIE !!
Why are Smoke Alarms Important?
About two-thirds of home fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms. Properly installed and maintained smoke alarms are considered to be one of the best and least expensive means of providing an early warning of a potentially deadly fire and could reduce the risk of dying from a fire in your home by almost half.
Did you know that your smoke alarm has an expiration date?
- Identify what to do in the event of a home fire.
- Identify the importance of a home fire escape plan.
To simulate escaping from a fire-like environment, have your child practice escaping from his/her bedroom with eyes closed. As you practice the plan, reinforce the following safety tips along the way:
- Crawl low to avoid heat and smoke.
- Feel doors with the back of your hand before opening them. Do not open the door if it feels hot - use your second exit get out fast.
- Meet outside and then call 911 for help.
- Stay outside no matter what - don't go back for anything.
Click to Visit
A - Always
in an emergency!!!